2019 Rose to the Challenge!
What an amazing display of determination at this year’s SwimRVA New Year’s Challenge. You helped swim a combined distance of 436,400 yards! (That’s like swimming from Richmond to Philadelphia) Goals were met out of the pool, too! This year the New Year Challenge raised over $7,275 to fund over 100 kids in the SwimRVA Learn-to-Swim program That’s over 700 lessons paid for by you and other members of the community!
Thank you for the motivational quotes you left on the goal board! Your words will motivate everyone that visits SwimRVA. Some quotes include:
- “Faith, grace, hope, strength, and love all 2019”
- “If I can do this, anyone can do it!”
- “Fortune favours the brave”
- “If it’s hard to do, it will help you”
- “Sending all my laps to Johnnie Detrick, state,national, and world record holder, and All-American human being. Thanks for the decades of inspiration, R.I.P.”
- “Believe in yourself!”
- This was my first swimathon!”
- Great way to start a new year!”
- “I matched my mom’s goal from 2017!”; and many more!
The 2019 SwimRVA New Year’s Challenge had the best turnout yet!
Check out some moments captured from this year:
Follow us for the latest! #SwimForIt!
The Mission of SwimRVA is to elevate swimming in the Richmond region making water safety and aquatic fitness more accessible to all. We promise to serve as a catalyst for regional aquatics and community-wide focus on water safety, health and fitness, sports tourism, and competitive aquatics. Donate today to help support our mission