SwimRVA Swim Team is designed to be an effective, easy, and fun transition into competitive aquatics. A non-competitive team by design, the focus is on individual improvement through our four core values; Technique, Confidence, Goal-Driven, and Friendship.
- Technique: Perfect practice makes perfect. Proper technique is a part of each exercise, and constant feedback and encouragement is given to the athletes.
- Confidence: SwimRVA challenges all team members. Confidence is key to success when faced witha challenge. Our coaching staff is particularly good at building confidence in every workout.
- Goal-Driven: With evrey challenge comes goals. Personal goals are set and new records are celebrated daily. Each swimmer is encouraged to review their progress and determine a new goal. Strategies are set, tracked, coached, and celebrated.
- Friendship: Good friends make the good times better and the hard times easier. Through games, partner workouts, and team challenges, friendships are forged.
Head Coach: Ryan Nester
Ryan has been teaching swimming for 13 years. His favorite moments are when kids realize they can do something they thought they couldn't. Since his start at SwimRVA in July of 2013, he has been one of our top swim instructors, a swim lesson coordinator, our Learn-To-Swim leader, and now is currently the head coach of the SwimRVA Swim Team. Ryan, a former NYC resident, also loves to stay active. "I used to bike everywhere; school, work, fun trips between buses and cabs...I would ride from the Bronx to Central Park, do a few laps and ride back home" Ryan says.
Assistant Coach: Noelle Burgess
What to Expect:
- 15 minutes dry-land exercising involving body-weight workouts
- 45 minutes of swimming practice
- 25 yard timed sprints at the end of each practice
- kick workouts with fins (kids are encouraged to bring own fins)
- Weekly newsletters about current and future success stories, topics, and events
- Monthly progress reports about challenges, goals, and achievements